Saturday, May 9, 2009

Trouble with color?


Do you ever have trouble picking color combinations for your cards or scrapbook pages? I do! I find myself sticking with the same color family (Earth Elements) no matter what time of the year it is, which can get pretty boring. Just recently I found this Color Generator on a blog that has made my life much easier. Click on any Stampin' Up! color that you want to use and the generator will automatically give you multiple suggestions that will work well with that color. For easy access I will keep this generator on the right hand side of my blog under SU! Color Combinations.

This is a card I used to make using the generator. These are not colors I would not normally use, but I love them together! This is one of the cards we will be making at my Garden Greetings Stamp a Stack, click here for more information about the event.
Card Recipe:
Stamps- Garden Greetings
Ink- Real Red, Bashful Blue, Certainly Celery
Paper-Certainly Celery, Kraft, Whisper White
Accessories- Red Gingham Ribbon, Scallop Edge Punch

1 comment:

  1. The Color Generator is fabulous! It has certainly helped me create cards with color combinations that I would have never thought of. One of my new found favorites is Elegant Eggplant, Blush Blossom, Old Olive and Tempting Turquoise. Try it, it works!

    ReplyDelete